Ever wondered how you can do more for your community or how you can elevate yourself within the community? Look no further, because we have the perfect program for you! Introducing, YWA Connect.
YWA Connect is a mentorship program that provides access to a network of some of the most successful and prominent women in the Austin community. The mission of YWA Connect is to connect established community leaders and professionals with our members to help develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
What is our goal you may ask?
- It’s to not only connect women who are established community leaders and professionals with YWA Members but to help empower the next generation of female leaders. Through this program, we aim to give both our mentors and mentees the resources needed to grow professionally and personally.
Why be a mentor?
- Only 1 in 4 C-suite positions is occupied by a woman, despite studies showing that women in senior positions are more profitable, socially responsible and provide better consumer experiences than their male peers
- Women mentorship can help bridge the leadership opportunity gap by enabling mentees to see themselves walking the mentor’s career path and in the mentor’s role
What are the benefits of being a YWA mentor?
- Opportunity to support, empower, and connect with other women (YWA’s mission)
- Opportunity to mold future women leaders
- Opportunity for mentors to continue to develop their coaching and people management skills
- Opportunity to network in person and virtually with other mentors in the program and make professional connections
Now it is almost that time again for our mentee application to open for acceptances on November 1st, 2022.
Here is an established timeline that you can keep in mind:
- Program Duration: January 2023 – June 2023
- Mentor application opens: September 2022
- Mentee application opens: November 1, 2022
- Mentorship and Mentee applications close: November 30, 2022
- Kickoff Event: January 22, 2023
- Close Out Event: June 10, 2023
Curious on how you can learn more and do more? Below are resources you can look at to help guide you towards continuing the build of this beautiful program together!
- Mentor Application
- Mentor Requirements
- YWA Connect
- YWA Connect Mentor Nomination
- Mentee Requirements
- Mentee Application
Read some testimonies from our mentees!
- “My mentor is an outstanding listener. She provides thoughtful and personalized advice, and is so willing to share of herself and her experiences. Our conversations were always helpful!”
- “I built a great relationship with my mentor through this program. From our first meeting, she was very direct with what she could provide; she just went above and beyond, was available and always provided great tools and feedback.”
- “My mentor has helped me navigate everything from interviewing to promotion conversations to buying my first home, and everything in between. It has been SO refreshing to know that I have a safe space to talk to her about whatever is on my mind. I’m very thankful for the guidance that she has provided me over the past few months!”
If you still have specific questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Until then, can’t wait to see the applications roll in and see the difference we continue to make in each other and in our community.
See ya’ll real soon!