You’ll find an overview of key dates for the program, as well as requirements for YWA Connect mentors below. If the person you nominate becomes a mentor, you will be entered into a raffle for a prize!
- Program Duration: January 5, 2024 – June 30, 2024
- Mentor interest form opens: October 2nd
- Mentee application opens: October 19th
- Mentor interest form and Mentee application close: November 30, 2023
- Kickoff Event: January 27, 2024 at The Cathedral ATX
- Close Out Celebration: TBD (early June 2024)
Required Skills & Expertise
- 7+ years experience in your industry, managing or mentoring others, and/or building a business
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise
- Committed to meeting with your mentee at least once a month, either virtually or in person, for the duration of the program (January 5, 2024 through June 30, 2024)
- Attendance of the YWA Connect Kickoff Event (January 27, 2024) and YWA Connect Celebration (early June 2024)
- Completion of one or two brief check-in surveys throughout the program about your experience with YWA Connect
- Awareness of your Enneagram type. You will be asked to provide your Enneagram number in the interest form. This will help the YWA Connect team in the pairing process and in the beginning of your discussions on communication style.
- Read and agree to the Young Women’s Alliance Community Guidelines.
Ideal Skills & Expertise
- Capacity to practice empathy and patience in advising your mentee, and facilitating a safe space during your monthly meetings
- Experience with goal setting and advising others; previous experience being a mentor is a plus
- Active listening and communication skills to help guide or potentially redirect your mentee’s goals based on your conversation
- Desire to be a part of, and participate in, the YWA Connect community