You’ll find an overview of key dates for the program, as well as requirements for YWA Connect mentors below. If the person you nominate becomes a mentor, you will be entered into a raffle for a prize!
- Program Duration: January 2023 – June 2023
- Mentor application opens: September
- Mentee application opens: November 1, 2022
- Mentorship and Mentee applications close: November 30, 2022
- Kickoff Event: January 22, 2023
- Close Out Event: June 10, 2023
Required Skills & Expertise
- 7+ years experience in your industry, managing or mentoring others, and/or building a business. Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Ability to meet with your mentee at least once a month for the duration of the program (January 2023 through June 2023)
- Availability via email and/or text outside of the scheduled meetings
- Experience with goal setting and advising others
- Active listening and communication skills to help guide or potentially redirect your mentee’s goals based on your conversation
- Attendance of the YWA Connect Kickoff Event on January 22 and YWA Connect Close Out event on June 10
- Capacity to practice empathy and patience in advising your mentee and facilitating a safe space during your monthly meetings
- Awareness of your and your mentee’s Enneagram type. You will be asked to provide your Enneagram type in the application. This will help the YWA Connect team in the pairing process and the beginning of your discussions on communication style.
- Completion of one or two brief check-in surveys throughout the program about your experience with YWA Connect.
- Read and agree to the Young Women’s Alliance Community Guidelines.
Ideal Skills & Expertise
- Previous experience being a mentor
- Desire to be a part of the YWA Connect community and willingness to participate in monthly networking and workshop events
- Participation by donating and/or helping your mentee facilitate fundraising for the annual peer-to-peer Future Women Leaders Fund campaign in March 2023