We sat down with Wendy Davis in anticipation of next week’s Speaker Series to discuss everything from Willie Nelson to what the biggest issues are facing young people today.
1. Twitter or Instagram?
2. A book you plan on reading?
Nasty Women Project: Voices from the Resistance by Erin Passons
3. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Simple Justice by Richard Kluger
4. Favorite TV show that is currently on?
Game of Thrones
5. One a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Nine. I’d say ten if I had more free time.
6. What is your favorite food?
Chicken in any form.
7. Least favorite food?
8. What do you love on your pizza?
Sausage, pepper, onion, and mushroom
9. Favorite drink?
A glass of red wine
10. Favorite dessert?
11. Coffee or tea?
12. What is the hardest part about being a mom?
You’re only as happy as your children are.
13. What is the best part about being a mom?
Having lifetime best friends
14. What is your favorite musical act?
15. Favorite song?
Because it’s sentimental – “What would Willie do?” by Bruce Robinson. It’s the song I listened to the morning of the filibuster.
16. Dogs or cats?
17. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My granddaughter, Ellis
18. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Thirteen hours of standing on the Texas Senate floor
19. What is your favorite card game?
20. What is your favorite country to visit?
21. What is the last country you visited?
22. What country do you wish to visit?
23. What is your favorite color?
24. Heels or flats?
25. Pilates or yoga?
26. Best way to de-stress?
27. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
To overnight create equality in executive suites, on boards, and in elected offices for women throughout the land.
28. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
29. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
30. Scary film or happy endings?
31. Favorite season?
32. What is the farthest you have been from home?
33. Sweet or savory?
34. Who is your girl crush?
35. What is the biggest issue facing young people today?
Learning how to use their voice
36. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice what would it be?
It’s all going to turn out ok.