YWA Connect was created with one goal in mind: To connect women who are established community leaders and professionals with YWA Members to help create the next generation of female leaders. Through this program, we aim to give both our Mentors and Mentees the resources needed to grow professionally and personally.
Founded in 2012, this exclusive program has grown from five initial Connect pairs to a total of more than 70 Mentors and Mentees last program year. Within the last two years, we’ve added a Mentorship Training Program, Mentor/Mentee networking events, and a YWA Facebook group to help YWA Connect participants to learn from each other.
If selected to participate in this program, here are some of the benefits YWA Connect participants can look forward to:
- Meticulously selected mentor/mentee pairings
- Access to a network of some of the most successful and prominent women in the Austin Community
- Ongoing professional development and leadership education
- Three YWA Connect-branded networking events, including a YWA kick-off party and training for mentors and mentees, a YWA Connect networking and social event, and a closing event.
- Access to the YWA Connect Facebook group, which contains articles, books, suggestions and discussions from other mentors and mentees
Mentor and mentee applications for the 2017-2018 YWA Connect year have closed. If you have any questions, please email ywaconnect@