YWA Connect was created with one goal in mind: To connect women who are established community leaders and professionals with YWA Members to help create the next generation of female leaders. Through this program we aim to give both our Mentors and Mentees the resources needed to grow professionally and personally.
Founded in 2012, this exclusive program has grown from five initial Connect pairs to a total of more than 70 Mentors and Mentees, for the 2016-2017 year! In 2016 alone, we have added a Mentorship Training program, Mentor/Mentee networking events, and a YWA Facebook group to help YWA Connect participants learn from each other.
If selected to participate in this program, here are some of the benefits YWA Connect participants can look forward to:
- Meticulously selected mentor/mentee pairings
- Access to a network of some of the most successful and prominent women in the Austin Community
- Ongoing professional development and leadership education
- Five YWA Connect-branded networking events, including a YWA kick-off party, a YWA Connect training session for mentors and mentees, two YWA Connect networking and social events, and a closing event.
- Access to the YWA Connect Facebook group, which contains articles, books, suggestions and discussions from other mentors and mentees
The current YWA Connect year, 2016-2017, has officially begun, and applications for both mentors and mentees are closed. If you are interested in participating in YWA Connect in 2017, please keep an eye out for more information coming in summer of 2017.
If you have any questions or want to be notified when Mentor and Mentee nominations open, please contact YWA Connect Chair, Lindsey Wrinkle.