Meet Our Non-Profit Partner GEN
Girls Empowerment Network (GEN) helps girls discover they are powerful by teaching self-efficacy, which is a girl’s belief in her own abilities. GEN’s mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable.
The agency’s strategic vision is to ignite the power in 86,000 girls by 2020 through its self-efficacy curriculum, which is delivered to girls in grades 3rd – 12th through various programs, including:
- At schools: Girl Connect for girls in grades 3-12
- At camps: campGEN for girls in grades 3-8 and Pathfinder for girls in grades 9-12
- At Conferences: We Are Girls for girls in grades 3-8
GEN’s curriculum includes the following topics & many more:
- Connect & collaborate with others
- Find valuable friendships
- Express yourself effectively
- Own your unique power & appreciate others
- Know when you’re stressed & how to cope
- What’s important to you
- Know your boundaries
- Be your own best friend
- Discover the leader in you
- If you can see it, you can be it
- Life is more than likes
- Be an ally
- All bodies are good bodies
- Make choices that are right for you
- Fail Forward
As our non-profit partner, GEN receives the yearly YWA Foundation community grant, supported in part by the fundraising efforts of our members during the Foundation Fundraising Campaign (FFC). In addition to this grant, YWA supports GEN through our Community Service programs, including help with day to day projects, the We Are Girls Conference, and the YWA sponsored mentoring program, POWER CHATS with YWA. As many women join YWA to participate in the mentoring and professional development programs we provide our members, we are pleased to return the favor and give back to the next generation.
Through this partnership, YWA is able to foster the growth and development of women in Austin, serving both our members and community by creating a cycle of women helping women succeed.